Our 4" scale Burrell Agricultural Traction Engine kit was huge success, so for enthusiasts who would love to build a smaller, easier to transport model we decide to launch a fabulous 2" scale version.
These famous, engines were manufactured by Charles Burrell and Sons at their St Nicholas Works in Thetford, Norfolk England. Our kits contain every component necessary to complete the Burrell engine.
Everything is designed for ease of construction with all components delivered in a fully machined condition ready for painting and final assembly. All kits are shipped complete with full instructions and drawings with colour images to guide you step by step through your assembly process. The all silver soldered copper boiler is constructed to BS2790 standards and hydraulically tested to 100psi.
The Burrell Agricultural Traction Engine is delivered as 27 separate monthly kits in order to spread the cost and the workload.
2” Scale • Length: 36" (914mm) • Width: 153/4" (400mm) • Height 23” (580mm) • Weight: 65kg (143lbs)
• Cylinder Size 13/16" x 11/16"
• Silver soldered copper boiler plate Working pressure 100 psi. Boiler Diameter 43/4"
• Boiler Feed Arrangement - Crankshaft driven pump & injector
• Valve Gear - Stephenson’s
• Rubber Tyres
• Rotating Governor
• Single cylinder slide-valve engine• Capable of pulling two adults on hard ground
• Working differential
• Two speed
• Assemble with hand-tools only
• Step-by-step instructions
• Technical service and help-line backup
• Designed on ‘Solidworks’ CAD
• Manufactured on modern CNC machines for build accuracy and high quality