The magnificent 4 Inch Scale Burrell from Steam Traction World includes all the individual component parts to produce a working, live steam engine.
These famous, engines were manufactured by Charles Burrell and Sons at their St Nicholas Works in Thetford, Norfolk England. Our kits contain every component necessary to complete the Burrell engine.
Everything is designed for ease of construction with all components delivered in a fully machined condition ready for painting and final assembly.
All kits are shipped complete with full instructions and drawings with colour images to guide you step by step through your assembly process.
The all welded steel boiler is constructed to BS2790 standards and hydraulically tested to 240psi.
The Burrell Agricultural Traction Engine is delivered as twenty seven separate monthly kits in order to spread the cost and the workload.
4" Scale • Length: 72" (1820mm) • Width: 30" (760mm) • Height: 45" (1160mm) • Weight: 500kg (1102lbs)
• Cylinder Size 23/4" x 31/4"
• Boiler Diameter 95/8" (244.5mm) Welded 0.25" steel boiler plate - Working pressure 120 psi
• Boiler Feed Arrangement - Crankshaft driven pump & injector
• Single cylinder slide-valve engine• Valve Gear - Stephenson’s
• Rubber Tyres
• Rotating Governor
• Working differential
• Two speed gearbox
• Capable of pulling 3 ton with ease