With cab windows, cylinder covers, improved front axle and brake arrangement, double rear wheels plus the the extra towing parts and additional water tanks on this Foden short wheel base version.
Quality, durability and excellence of engineering are terms which have become synonymous with Foden, Steam Traction World continue in the tradition of this great name with a bolt together series of kits making your 41/2" scale Foden build both enjoyable and rewarding.
At a huge twelve and half feet long with trailor, this Foden is 41/2" (larger than 1/3rd) Scale and is a magnificient limited production model which is hugely satisfying to both make and drive.
Everything is designed for ease of construction with all components delivered in a fully machined condition ready for painting and final assembly.
All kits are shipped complete with full instructions and drawings with colour images to guide you step by step through your assembly process.
The 41/2" Foden J Type consists of 30 kits.
41/2" Scale • Length: 12.5ft • Height: 431/4" • Width: 36" • Weight: 650kg
(Incl Trailer )
- Wheel size: 151/2"
- Cylinder Size 2 x 2" stroke 2 5/8"
- Boiler Diameter 103/4" Steel with expanded tubes - Working pressure 140 psi
- Boiler Feed Arrangement - Crankshaft driven pump & Injector
- Valve Gear - Stephenson’s
- Pneumatic Rubber Tyres
- Double High Pressure slide-valve cylinder
- Working differential
- Hydraulically operated brakes
- Three speed
- Capable of 20+ mph
- Assemble with hand-tools only
- Step-by-step instructions
- Technical service and help-line backup
- Designed using 3D Solidworks CAD
- Manufactured on modern CNC machines for build accuracy and high quality