Lyka a Lot
There's lot's of love for our Lykamobile - The original Lykamobile Steamer (Series 1) proved to be very popular with sixty five selling worldwide. The Lykamobile had been 'out of production' with a 5 year break in manufacturing and was re-introduced due to customer requests in 2016. This Series 2 Lykamobile run - of 35 engines - sold out within 3 months of starting production. Deposits are now being accepted on a new batch currently, with demand again proving very high. Enquire today to avoid disappointment. (August, 2018)
We drove our Series 1 Lykamobile from John O Groats to Lands End - to prove the build quality, reliability and raise heaps of cash for charity too!
The Lykamobile Steamer Series 2 will have a number of improvements - This will include much ‘beefier’ valve gear (beefier is a technical term!), valve gear running on bearings, use of oil impregnated bushes throughout and stronger leaf springs. We are also considering changing the electrical water managing system gauge system and redesigning the boiler so it is more like a Stanley Steam Car.
The Lykamobile Steamer Series 2 is available as a series of self assembly kits and delivered at the rate of one kit per month over a twenty four month period. .
• Length 2.2m • Height 1.6m • Width 1.4m • Weight (410kg) • Water Tank Capacity 45.5ltrs • Fuel Tank Capacity 22.75ltrs
- CHASSIS Tubular steel fabrication, combination weld, bolted and silver solder.
- STEERING “Ackerman” design tiller steering.
- DIFFERENTIAL & DRIVE Spur gear differential similar to the original Locomobile, drive shaft and bearings.
- WHEELS & TYRES Single tube pneumatic, treaded.
- BREAKING SYSTEM Disc brake system.
- ENGINE 21/4" diameter, 3" stroke modified “Hackworth” valve gear.
- WATER FEED Twin mechanical pump.
- BURNER Fuelled by diesel.
- BOILER Multi Fire Tube, fully constructed and complete with necessary paperwork and inspected by notified body.
- BODYWORK & SEATS Wooden with steel frame, seating capacity of 2 persons, with turned decorative spindles with leather style upholstery.
- Gears: forward and reverse.
- Assemble with hand-tools only
- Step-by-step instructions
- Technical service and help-line backup
- Designed on ‘Solidworks’ CAD
- Manufactured on modern CNC machines for build accuracy and high quality
"The Lykamobile is available only in kit form. It can be delivered in a series of ready to paint and assemble kits over 24 months."