Two huge Foden’s - a ‘C’ Type and SWB Lorry; 6" Scale, that’s half size!
The Foden in fully machined kit form, is only available from Steam Traction World, and includes all the individual component parts to produce a working, live steam engine - a LARGE live steam engine. Size-wise the machines are 11.5 feet for the 'C' type, almost 8 feet for the SWB and both will weigh in at just over a ton. Both machines have true compound engines, with a working pressure of 170 psi+, a boiler diameter
of around 14 inches and with three speed, they certainly are impressive.
SWB: Length: 98" (2500mm) • Width: 46" (1170mm) • Height: 53" (1360mm)
C Type: Length: 139" (3550mm) • Width: 46" (1170mm) • Height: 53" (1360mm)
• Boiler diameter 123/4" (323mm) Steel with expanded tubes Working pressure 200 psi
• Boiler Feed Arrangement - Crankshaft driven pump & injector
• Valve Gear - Stephenson’s
• Solid spoked cast wheels with Vulcanised rubber tyres
• True compound slide-valve cylinder
• Working differential
• Mechanical operated brakes
• Three speed
Cab Windows • Sides for C Type